[nycphp-talk] Talk to Macromedia about PHP Development

Keith J Richardson Keith.Richardson at thompsonhealth.com
Thu Jan 8 07:54:00 EST 2004

I use dreamweaver here at work do to my php development, and I like it. I used to use homesite all of the time, and I tried the demo of DWMX, and I saw everything that homesite had in it, plus the wysiwyg editor capabilities. The other good thing about the wysiwyg as apposed to frontpage is that it doesnt butcher your code when you switch to design view and edit stuff that way.

homesite comes on the dreamweaver mx cd, and has no license code, but I am sure it is a "use only if you bought dreamweaver mx"... but they should sell that as a separate product for people who dont want to pay the price of dreamweaver, but also want the coding functionality.

i only have 2 gripes with it though - the FTP has been really buggy as of late, having problems saving/connecting/etc, so I just do things on our local intranet server, and you cannot add code macros that I have figured out, like you can have commonly used code where you just type in the variable names, or the array name and key names, and it will create loops/etc that you use in a lot of different things. I dont have the time at work to get the developers toolkit and add a module for that, so Im sunk with that.