[nycphp-talk] Linking Excel to PHP/MySQL (older versions)

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Jan 8 11:46:01 EST 2004

I ended up creating a pop3 mailbox for .cvs files + a cron job, so he saves
the files as .cvs and mails them to a dropbox account which works, but Excel
has a "Send To" which could also make it easier but I need to find a PHP/XLS
parser and came across this:

http://www.zakkis.ca/products/abc_excelparser/index.php

Which looks sweet but out of his budget ... then (thanks to the NYPHP list
archive) it seems like the topic was brought up before, I found ExcelRead_FR
which unfortunatley is all in French ... *but* calls new com() which defeats
the purpose since the box is running Linux.

So @ the moment its:

Client -> XLS -> CVS -> POP3 -> CRON-> PHP -> MYSQL

- jon