[nycphp-talk] OT: Unable to receive mail

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Tue Jan 13 21:49:22 EST 2004

I'm having what might be called a long-running "feud" with a client.
Their computer tech claims the problem is in my code...I claim the
problem is in their mail server. Here's the scenario.

A PHP form sends out two emails upon completion: one to the client and a
confirmation copy to the person who filled out the form. If I use my own
email address in place of my client's address, I always receive the
emails that come from the form. If I substitute my client's address as
the recipient, the client never receives the email.

I suspect that the problem lies in the configuration of the client's
mail server, namely MS Exchange Server, that has a number of things shut
down (or perhaps, filtered is the right term) so that spammers don't use
their mail server. (Yes, this happened to them...some spammer figured
out that they could use their mail server to send out a zillion emails.)

Below is a copy of the message headers. What I think is happening is
that whatever they've configured in Exchange Server prevents a message
with these headers from getting through.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Siegel
MESSAGE HEADERS
FYI:
1) hofweb8.com is the ISP's mail server.
2) "website.com" doesn't exist...it's a bogus name