[nycphp-talk] Thanks Dan and Tim Re: mime_content_type does not exist

Webapprentice . webapprentice at mail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:47:29 EST 2004

Tim and Dan,
Thanks for clarifying that.

That's why I'm trying to write stuff the hard way, since I don't have my own server and can't get certain extensions installed. :/

--Stephen

------------------
Message: 7
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:47:46 -0500
From: Dan Cech <dcech at phpwerx.net>

Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] mime_content_type() doesn't exist
To: NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

PHP needs to have the mime-magic extension for this function to be
available, obviously your host does not.

Dan

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:52:13 -0500
From: "Tim Gales" <tgales at tgaconnect.com>
Dan's right
"You must compile PHP with the configure switch
--with-mime-magic to get
support for mime-type functions. The extension needs a copy of the
simplified magic file that is distributed with the Apache httpd.
"

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mime-magic.php

http://www.tgaconnect.com