[nycphp-talk] is there anything special to this? (PDF/PHP)

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Fri Jan 16 16:43:56 EST 2004

jon baer wrote:

> i came across this little demo:
>
> http://www.fastio.com/forms/form1040.html
>
> HTML->Server->PDF
>
> it gave me an idea to create invoices/slips for people paying via check for
> certain things on a client site.  but if im correct the black/white image in
> GD to PDF in an email attachment is technically feasible, am I right?

It's certainly cool, but nothing too complicated.  The only thing that
would be particularly impressive would be if they were starting with an
existing pdf and adding annotation to 'fill' it.

If you start with an image, or dynamically build the entire pdf, then
you can do this kind of thing with ClibPDF <http://www.fastio.com/> or
EzPdf <http://www.ros.co.nz/pdf/>.

Dan