[nycphp-talk] Examples of HTML forms/user interfaces.

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Wed Jan 21 12:50:15 EST 2004

> On Jan 21, 2004, at 8:25 AM, Matthew Zimmerman wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone had any good tutorials or examples for
>> designing HTML interfaces/forms for data entry into a MySQl database.
>> In the past my databases have been quite simple so I could have text
>> boxes and pull down menus for data entry. The database I am working on
>> now has some more "advanced" features such as allowing a user to add
>> more than one value per field and also allowing the user to update
>> controlled vocabulary in look up tables. For instance there is a field
>> called "musician" but often I there can be more than one musician. My
>> DB schema is fine and normalized, and my programming logic is fine
>> too. But I am a bit over my head in making a easy user interface for
>> these things.
>>
>> If any one has an samples or tutorials it would be great.
>>
>> Matt

although the name 'dadabik' is a little strange, you might
go to their site for some ideas

http://www.dadabik.org/

according to a blurb on the site:
  DaDaBIK is a free PHP application that allows you to
easily create a highly customizable Web form interface for a
MySQL database in order to search, insert, update and delete
records; all you need do is specify a few configuration
parameters.

hope that helps,
John