[nycphp-talk] [Fwd: [nylug-talk] Disturbing news]

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 23 17:37:21 EST 2004

I took a closer look at those links...I found this comment listed under
the "facts" to be interesting: "Windows-NT 5.0 was released as
Windows-2000 and is probably the most stable OS ever released by
Microsoft"...I agree.

Jeff

Tim Gales wrote:

> Jeff Siegel writes:
> "Definite improvement...until I have Dreamweaver, Fireworks, ACT, and
> Word open all at the same time."
>
> You are making my case for me.
>
> I am sorry that my posts require effort to
> understand ( I don't spend the time to
> put them in proper shape)
>
> But take a look again (you followed the
> first link right?) at the part about
> "The "real operating system features" you speak of are at the UI and
> API level.  They are not the reasons we consider NT to be a
> reimplementation of VMS at the internal level."
>
> And look again at the part about
> "Windows API mentality"
>
> T. Gales & Associates
> 'Helping People Connect with Technology'
>
> http://www.tgaconnect.com

Found on the Simpson's Website:
"Ooooooh, they have the internet on computers now!"