[nycphp-talk] perspective on NYPHP at Linuxworkd

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sat Jan 24 09:48:33 EST 2004

Mitch,

Didn't you say you couldn't find a
statistical extension for PHP?

Anyway, if someone needs one I found
something at http://ftp.stat.ucla.edu/Software/5/

If anyone wants to use something like this, you
should test it ( I would like to know how the
tests go, as I am mildly interested in this).

the function:
void cdfnor(int *which,double *p,double *q,double *x,double *mean,
            double *sd,int *status,double *bound)

can calculate SD from P,Q,X and MEAN

that is to say you can figure out the standard deviation
given the normal(integral of) density(P), the range(Q),
the (upper) limit of the normal-density,
and the arithmetic mean (MEAN)

(how else would you get it -- right?)

It would seem the authors (of the extension) assume
you have more than a passing acquaintance with
cumulative normal distributions.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com

                  x    2
         1      /   -t  / 2