[nycphp-talk] in and out redux

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Jan 27 12:28:01 EST 2004

Hi Folks:

I deleted the in and out thread, but something came up, so I'm starting a
new one...

The discussion on in and out wound up touching on using variables inside
strings.  The consensus was that the speed differential between using
variables inside and outside of strings was fixed.

Well, there's a current thread on internals at php.net, aka php-dev, in which
Andrei says that using variables outside of quotes is faster:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=107522145908795&w=2

Enjoy,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/