[nycphp-talk] Custom Form Fields

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Fri Jan 30 11:36:52 EST 2004

Daniel Convissor wrote:

> While this might not be the entire answer, this may be of some help.  I've
> never really looked at it, but have noticed it:
>
> http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm

I'll second that one.  I use it on many different sites, some of which
have complex requirements.  Using HTML_QuickForm will definitely make
your life easier.

Also, having an object interface to forms is what really makes this
package helpful, as you are free to dynamically manipulate your form
elements before rendering.

Additional benefits are automated validation rules generation (even
client-side javascript) and the ability to run functions on submitted
data before the actual process starts.

-- Mitch