[nycphp-talk] SNMP really that "simple"?

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Jul 1 23:50:17 EDT 2004

Is SNMP really that "simple"?

Maybe its just me or does it sometimes seem like MIBS are so entirely complex that
the name of the protocol does not do it justice?  I dont see that many PHP based
admin tools, does anyone know of any?  It also seems like many of the hardware
items Ive toyed around with are Ver 1 based vs. 3 ... its a protocol that screams
for XML yet they stick with this SMI stuff.  Maybe someone w/ more SNMP experience
can explain.

- Jon

--
pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47