[nycphp-talk] setcookie, sub-domains, IE

Thomas O'Neill tommyo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 12:58:31 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

I have run into a strange problem.  I am setting a cookie that I want
to access across multiple sub domains on my companies site.  I set the
cookie:

setcookie('test','testvalue',strtotime("+1 year"),'/','.ourdomain.com');

This works fine in Mozilla, Netscape, and Firefox.  But IE doesn't
recognize the cookie when trying to access it from $_COOKIE['test'] on
the other subdomain.

I read on the very bottom of http://www.php.net/setcookie that
"Internet Exploer 6 now requires sites that set cookies to have P3P
policies. "  does this have anything do to with my problem?  IE seems
to set and hold cookies with in the same sub domain just fine on our
site.

Any ideas!?!

Thank you!

Tom O'Neill