[nycphp-talk] open_basedir is driving me batty

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Tue Jul 6 09:18:27 EDT 2004

Marc Antony Vose writes:

"I'm getting this error when doing a file_exists check to see if a file
exists:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/home/httpd/vhosts/store.purlsoho.com/httpsdocs/controlroom/handlers/
main_h.php) is not within the allowed path(s):
(/home/httpd/vhosts/store.purlsoho.com/httpsdocs:/tmp) in
/home/httpd/vhosts/store.purlsoho.com/httpdocs/controlroom/index.php on
line 127

I get the error when the file is not present, even though the passed path
is within open_basedir's limitations.

Is there any way I can route around this brain-dead open_basedir bug,
other than prefixing my file_exists() call with a '@'?"

what happens when you do a file_exists
with the open_basedir set to the empty string?

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com