[nycphp-talk] Happy 7th of July... Sort of

Yury Rush yury at heavenspa.com
Wed Jul 7 11:44:52 EDT 2004

how much?

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org]On Behalf Of Joel De Gan
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:34 AM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] Happy 7th of July... Sort of

It is ridiculously easy to make activex controls to install in browsers.
I hopped into windows and fired up delphi6 and made one (for fun) that
replaces any instance (in any webpage, replaced before IE parses) of the
word "Yahoo" with the word "shit".. Then surfed around looking at "shit
mail" and "shit autos" was funny but was really a test for doing ones
that replace graphics such as 468x60 with whatever I want, or finding
amazon.com referral codes and replacing them with mine etc.

I.E is a minefield for easy hacks like these.

(as a side note, I didn't do anything with that code, but did consider
selling it..)
-joeldg

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net