[nycphp-talk] Happy 7th of July... Sort of

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Jul 7 12:43:35 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Phillip Powell wrote:
>
> > I hate to say this, sometimes, we coders live in a world very far
> > removed from the rest of the known universe, the universe of "typical
> > people" that wouldn't know such hacks and would then not feel the need
> > to do so when surfing on Ebay for a 6-pack of beer.
>
> Actually, eBay only allows sales of 6-packs when they're deemed
> "collectibles." Otherwise, there's all sorts of government regulation
> about the sale of alcohol over the Internet and across state lines.

Which reminds me of one I heard about the 2000 World Series tickets being
resold on eBay. When sellers were told that was against policy, they
(reportedly) said "OK, then make it a baseball cap. Price: $5000. Comes
with 2 complimentary World Series tickets." Call that a "collectible"
baseball cap and you've got yourself a theory... sort of.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17