[nycphp-talk] DB resultset

Paul Reinheimer preinheimer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:00:35 EDT 2004

If you can do some basic checking to determine the max number of
records you will need, only grab that. Beyond that, I think that the
best practice would be to get all the records you could need, then use
them as needed. If you can guarantee that you won't need the same
peice again, unset it.

A caveat: If the result set includes some huge feilds, blobs or text
feilds with tonnes of data, you may want to re-consider :).

paul