[nycphp-talk] Basic security question

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed Jul 14 15:33:08 EDT 2004

I can tell you PHP folk up in NY do not work for the US Feds nor for a
federal contractor, but were you ever to do so, you'd find how horribly
security measures that deal with the Web fly in the face of
federally-mandated Section 508 Compliance.

Augh! You have to put your EMAIL address on your website, how secure is
THAT???

I do know of some PHP programmers in DC for the Labor Dept that once
"spoofed" Apache into interpreting PHP files as ".asp" (and to show
itself as IIS!) to spoof the higher-ups that everything was in a M$
environment to "make them happy".

Phil