[nycphp-talk] Basic security question

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Wed Jul 14 15:47:46 EDT 2004

I had a much longer response in preparation, but Andrew just nailed it.
Obscurity is not security. And yes, it only stops the timid assailant. A
determined cracker will take it *personally* that you configured your server
to tell *lies* to its "friendly users"!! The NERVE!! He'll fix YOU, buddy!
:)

And *poof* another one bites the dust, nah?

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski
Web Programmer,
International Trademark Association,