[nycphp-talk] php extensions

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Mon Jul 19 20:02:43 EDT 2004

You're not missing anything, It's earthlink...

Thanks.  Still having trouble, but will look into the link you've provided
for clarification.

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch
"eBusiness for the Midsize Enterprise"
PO Box 1354
Plymouth, MA  02362
o: 800-310-3992
f: 508-746-4973
v: 508-746-2383
m: 508-801-0181
http://www.PLMresearch.com
Netscape/AOL/MSN IM: PLMresearch
mwithington at plmresearch.com
Public Key: http://www.PLMresearch.com/keys/MLW_public_key.asc
Calendar: http://www.plmresearch.com/calendar.php

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org]On Behalf Of Chris Shiflett
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 7:04 PM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] php extensions

--- Mark Withington <mwithington at PLMresearch.com> wrote:
> I'm moving scripts to an ISP that wants all php files to be called via
> the .php4 extension.

Wow.

Either your ISP has reached a new level of laziness, or I'm missing
something.

> Anyone know of a quick-and-easy way of telling the new ISP's box to
> run all .php references as .php4?

There may be better ways, but I'm sure you could use ForceType in a
.htaccess file:

ForceType application/x-httpd-php

(You may be able to just use AddType, but I'm just not sure if that can be
specified at a directory level.)

You'll probably want to limit this to specific files rather than an entire
directory, so you'll want to create a section in your file using
Directory, Files, or something like that. See here for a better
description of these things:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/sections.html

Hope that helps.

Chris