[nycphp-talk] XAMPP for MacOS X?

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Tue Jul 20 00:08:35 EDT 2004

Apache and PHP come pre-installed on OS X, you just have to take a few
steps to get things going.  I believe MySQL has to be installed, I
haven't gotten around to that yet.

For Apache, just go into System Preferences and enable "Personal Web
Sharing" (under Sharing.)  That will start the Apache server.
Here's a URL with more info:
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2001/12/07/apache.html

For PHP, you just have to edit the Apache httpd.conf file to load the
module.  I found this page to be a helpful reference point.
http://www.sanbeiji.com/tech/tutorials/php/index.php

The sanbeiji page also has a link regarding MySQL installation.  I
haven't done that part yet.  If you do the install, I'd be interested
to hear how it goes.

-Aaron