[nycphp-talk] firefox extension

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Wed Jul 28 11:55:31 EDT 2004

Saying many seem to not know about FOAF:

This extension finds a foaf file, parses and displays it in layer that
is tranparent, what this is, is kind of like a business card file.
More on foaf here http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/
It is currently mostly used for social networks, but because of recent
pushes to a FOAFnet it has moved into others sites, most recently
LiveJournal (three million users and growing by 10,000 per day).

There is 'quite' a bit of work currently being done with this schema.
I do peoplesds.com, help with broadbandmechanics and am an active member
of rdf-dev. I mostly do work with FOAF in PHP and Mono, this is my first
venture into extensions.

We (FOAFnet/rdf-dev) recently have been doing a lot of work getting rdf
built into php.

-joeldg