[nycphp-talk] Development environment?

Derek DeVries derek at sportspyder.com
Fri Jul 30 14:05:27 EDT 2004

>First, since most people use it, any bugs are far more likely to be
>found by the users of IE, and you'll hear about them right away, but

Where I work, bugs aren't allowed to reach the users. Neglecting to test in
IE could cost us a client. Plus I've found that users don't usually jump at
the chance to notify you of your bugs.

I think that you'll run into more of a problem with Javascript/css between
browsers. If you are developing server-side applications, your code should
work in any browser. I usually get my code to work in IE and then pop open
alternate browsers to confirm it works there as well.

- Derek