[nycphp-talk] Development environment?

ophir prusak lists at prusak.com
Sat Jul 31 10:04:05 EDT 2004

Mark,

You made a very good point.
Creating HTML vs creating PHP code.
There isn't a single tool that truly shines when doing both the "back
end" coding (PHP code) and the "front end" HTML code.
Back to the original question - "what is the best dev enviroment", this
is a very big consideration.

When I create a brand new page (or a new design), I first design it in
something other than Zend Studio.
Only when I'm doing the PHP coding do I use Zend Studio.
I also use smarty templates which allows me to associate .php files with
Zend studio and .tpl files with my HTML editor :)

Ophir