[nycphp-talk] PHP + Windows + cURL

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Fri Jun 4 12:20:17 EDT 2004

I'm having a problem enabling the cURL extension on PHP under
Windows XP. I'm using the Apache module version with the latest
version of Apache 1.3.x.

I downloaded the pre-built binary package and can successfully install
PHP, but when I try to enable cURL, I run into errors. There seems to
be a dependency on ssleay.dll, which is bundled, but that still
doesn't work.

>From Googling around, I see some mentions of another dependence on
msvcr70.dll. I searched the machine and that DLL is located on my
machine, along with msvcr71.dll. Do I need to place them anywhere
special? Do I need another DLL?

As you might guess, my Windows experience is limited, but I need to
use Windows at my new job. :)

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!