[nycphp-talk] dynamic string manipulation when web serving - best practices and ideas?

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Jun 11 13:31:36 EDT 2004

Sounds like you need to do more than something simple (like a template
engine), if you want to play around with sticking a template inside of
mysql you can call it like:

"select replace(db.field, "foo", "bar") from db.template"

MySQL has alot of basic string commands for finding an index, replacing,
inserting, etc ... so technically you can create a SQL statement which
throws a set @ a query to produce a template if you just wanted to use the
DB.

On a side note I thought with 4.1 you could subselect the replacement but
I just tried and I guess that's not the case :-\

- Jon

--
pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47