[nycphp-talk] "Essential PHP Tools" review ( was Re:Authentication with XML-RPC)

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Sun Jun 13 13:59:15 EDT 2004

At the risk of provoking flames for saying "me too:"  Hear hear! Nice job
on that review, Jayesh. I recently picked up Essential PHP Tools myself
and was planning to contribute a review to BookPool (where I got it)
and/or Amazon -- probably I still will -- but I'm glad you beat me to it.
I have yet to read more than a few pages so didn't feel ready to opine
formally. But so far, it's terrific. Extraordinary clarity and simplicity,
but without talking down. Packed solid with good stuff. And, not
infrequently, it's funny -- like all technical writing ought to be (-:

Way to go, Sklar!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Jayesh Sheth wrote:
>
> > Adam, I just posted a review to Amazon. It might take a while to appear,
> > but here is what I wrote:
> >
> > ----
> > David Sklar has written a book on a subject that most other PHP authors
> > have ignored, and which many PHP programmers have failed to consider:
> > how using pre-made, existing libraries effectively can save you hours of
> > writing (and re-writing) PHP code.
>
> Awesome review! It really helps others understand the virtues of the
> book, and why the book will makes their PHP lives happier. :)
>
> Thanks.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17