[nycphp-talk] Skinable, portable desktop apps in PHP, tutorial and sourcecode

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Tue Jun 15 03:05:59 EDT 2004

Uggg I sat up all night mucking around with glib crap and finally got back to where I
was and compiled it, it is very cool + Im going to embark on GUI-land stuff ... a few
brief thoughts:

Initially when you compile PHP/GTK it can be very daunting, like you I came back to it
after ncurses and after installing a pretty fluxbox I couldnt resist but I think alot
of people have problems compiling ... for example:

You seem to need to ./buildconf, then aclocal, then ./buildconf again, which was not in
the install docs but pointing out by a few people ... and I read a list where some poor
guy was trying to compile it without using the CLI version of PHP ... (no it wasnt me -
but then again I wouldnt be suprised :-)

I like the combo considering it moves 1000x faster than Swing + remains cross
compatible ...

Thank you for the tutorial!

- Jon