[nycphp-talk] WAS: Gmail invitation

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Jun 17 08:43:41 EDT 2004

Chris Snyder writes

> Tim Gales wrote:
>
> >[Google] are building
> >Conversationally Linked Email?
> >
> >No matter, unless they find a way to thread the email
> >with other writings, they won't have a Clew...
>
> Of course, if you factor in Blogger, there's a heck of a lot of
> potential there...

Yes, and if they semantically weave blogs
into the mail, then we will have been (almost)
'beaten to the punch'.

Other writings in Clew, at least in terms of the
name, was meant to primarily cover blogging. I think Clew
in its implementation may have become more ambitious and
may have expanded to cover practically any resource document.
(will have to check the non-existent design docs
 on that)

'Other writings' was originally picked because it is
somewhat vague and thus could cover, in a quasi-extensible
way, any 'next big things'.

(well that and the fact that C.L.E.B. didn't have
 a very good 'ring' to it)

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com

"You say that you can and then you
run to get your mummy"
-- Elvis Costello