[nycphp-talk] connecting to oracle w/ php

David Vogel d at tdavidvogel.com
Wed Jun 23 12:40:22 EDT 2004

$dsn = 'oci8://user:passwd at tcp+132.198.217.254:1521/ORACLEGOLD';
$db = DB::connect($dsn);

ORACLEGOLD is the service name I tried it with the SID as well to no avail.

I don't think the server tnsnames not having a record for my oracle
server is the problem we tried adding it and it behaved the same way.  I
probably should get it put back in though so I wouldn't need the whole
connection string unfortunatley that's easier said then done due to the
people involved, ain't beaurocracy grand.

thanks,
Dave