[nycphp-talk] Off Topic: International Outsourcing

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Tue Jun 29 19:25:16 EDT 2004

Jon Baer wrote:

> Im in the same boat, can we start a support group?

He he - sounds like a plan...

There was an interesting piece in the Village Voice about how there will
be many many jobs in the future but no careers anymore. Imagine spending
four years doing a degree and leaving college to find there are no jobs
in your industry. All those 20-somethings who did computers in the 90s
are pretty screwed.

I guess there was never really any clear-cut career path for programmers
- junior -> intermediate -> senior and then you have to stop coding and
be project leader (or some other hands-off management position). All the
same, Im appalled people will pay more for a plumber than they will for
a programmer.

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer (maybe farmer / beekeeper in future ;-)