[nycphp-talk] OT: Need help with XP and HP LaserJet 2200

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed Jun 30 10:55:09 EDT 2004

Chris Bielanski wrote:

>I know I'm lowering the signal ratio of the list with this one ;)

Jag forstar inte det!! HUH?? Signal Ratio?  Dude, I'm a web guy!  You're
talking over my head so much I'll have to start using $50 apologetic
phrases like "Ontological" in response.

>I was merely trying to point out that after all this, you should check the
>physical connections to that device. If they appear solid, connect a
>different printer in its place and see if the same problem exists.

There are no physical connections apart from the printer being connected
to the router like all of the PCs.  The connections are solid and the
"bad" machines can ping the printer IP.  They just can't print, not even
a test page.  And there is no "different printer", we're a very tiny
company and have only one printer.

I'm taking this off-list now to avoid further off-topic threading
diversion issues.

Phil