[nycphp-talk] The Difference Between OutSourcing and OpenSourcing is More Than a Few Letters

Brian Kaney brian at vermonster.com
Wed Jun 30 11:49:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 11:23, Stephen Musgrave wrote:

> this is begging the question:  when does an economic system undermine the
> needs of the the society it is designed to serve?  (it's a loaded question,
> too.)

Well if an economic system were to limit you to 5% of the total market we'd all eventually be undermined (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html).

Innovation is the single ingredient that allows countries like the US to keep such a large slice of the world's economic pie, even with open/liberal/free trade.  We just need to make sure we don't start outsourcing it as well.