[nycphp-talk] Good PHP Apps (Was: suggestions for re-training of a junior VB/.netprogrammer)

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Wed Jun 30 13:34:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 11:53, Chris Shiflett wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't know of any good examples. I've heard good things
> about coWiki's code. Anyone know of other well-written PHP applications?

Well..
basically, avoid just about anything on hotscripts.com it is 99% "my
first application" stuff.. Though, sometimes there is some interesting
approaches there.

As for hacking on shit, I learned a *LOT* from hacking on the ad server
called OASIS.

Most of the apps that have web-based installs are also worth looking at
as that displays a level of skill that the "my first app" guys will not
have.

Just some thoughts.

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net