[nycphp-talk] Draft of tutorial on creating rich web applications with XUL and PHP posted

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Wed Jun 30 21:52:32 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I just posted the first draft of a tutorial on creating rich web
applications using PHP, MySQL, XUL, JavaScript and XML-RPC to my weblog.

I have been working on it for some time now, and wanted to post a draft
of it in order to get some feedback.

It is a three part series with a large introductory section for people
who are not that familiar with the technologies and background of what
the article is about.

It is currently in an unfinished state, but I wanted to get it out there
early to solicit feedback and make corrections.

It comes with code (and a live demo) of a fortune cookie application
(whose interface is written in XUL). You can fetch a random cookie, list
all cookies, or add a cookie using this web application.

The main post about it is here:

http://www.moztips.com/index.php?id=261

The live demo is at:
http://www.moztips.com/fortunecookies/

Please let me know what you think (good or bad).

Best Regards,

- Jay Sheth