[nycphp-talk] gd not compiling/showing via php_info()

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Mar 1 16:49:58 EST 2004

Hi Rafi:

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:34:43PM -0600, Rafi Sheikh wrote:

> I am trying to use jpgrap with php.  For that I need gd enabled.  Following
> is from my php.ini (in \winnt\system32 dir.) as you can see, it is listed
> and uncommented.  However, I do not see gd related info when I run
> php_info()
>
> ; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
> extension_dir = "c:\php\extensions"
> extension=php_gd2.dll

Naturally you checked c:\php\extensions that the php_gd2.dll file was
there and the web server has permissions to read it.  But, I don't really
think this is the problem because you'd be seeing error messages saying
that the file/functions/etc could not be found.

What does the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" in the phpinfo output
say?  Does it match the php.ini file you just edited?

Anyway, I'd advise keeping the php.ini file in the php directory itself
rather than in the system32 dir.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/