[nycphp-talk] [ot] oh my god ... buy stamps to send email???

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Mar 5 12:11:29 EST 2004

LOL ... what in the world ...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/03/05/spam.charge.ap/index.html

-snip-
NEW YORK (AP) -- If the U.S. Postal Service delivered mail for free, our
mailboxes would surely runneth over with more credit-card offers,
sweepstakes entries, and supermarket fliers. That's why we get so much junk
e-mail: It's essentially free to send. So Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill
Gates, among others, is now suggesting that we start buying "stamps" for
e-mail.
-snip-

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47