[nycphp-talk] storing phone numbers in MySQL

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Mar 10 17:37:52 EST 2004

Jeez I'm awful sorry to disturb you again but... you do store them as
string types, right? If they were actually numeric in the data layer (as
opposed to the form input) and there were a leading zero somewhere it
sounds like it could get ugly.

PS I am loving that QuickForm, oh yesssssss.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> David Mintz wrote:
> >Hey you in the back of the room, stop snoring.
> >

> (snaps head up)  Hey who what the...  Oh.
>
> [...] By using PEAR's
> HTML_QuickForm, it is pretty easy to ensure you are only getting numeric
> data - and providing helpful messages too.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17