[nycphp-talk] OT - IDE Raid cards

Evan Heller evan.heller at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Mar 10 17:22:55 EST 2004

Hi:

I'm looking for opinions on what IDE raid cards are good performers and cost
wise what is suggested. I'm looking to do simple mirroring and the ability
to have 4 or more drives. Yes, I understand IDE raid is not as good as SCSI
raid at the moment and I do use SCSI raid for my primary systems, but I
would like to implement an IDE raid for backup purposes. I currently use a
scsi perc 3 card with 128 megs of memory so I'm used to the feature set of a
card of that type.

So what do you guys recommend? Please list features/cost . Thanks a bunch

-Evan