[nycphp-talk] Does PHP (versions 4+) offer an alternative to Java RMI?

Phil Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Thu Mar 11 15:46:56 EST 2004

I am looking into designing a means of PHP scripts to interact with an
existing Java servlet on a remote site.  The servlet, however,
instantiates classes that will be run on the remote server's JVM, and I
was also hoping to integrate the results into a Java applet, however,
the applet will, of course instantiate on the user's JVM on their
machine and not the remote machine's JVM.

Using RMI has been proven (by my limited Java knowledge of programming +
architecture) to be too difficult to successfully achieve, and seeing
the increated robustness of PHP I am inclined to think there could be
some kind of "RMI" or even some object messaging service PHP could do to
obtain stuff from a java servlet.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before?

Thanx
Phil

--
Phil Powell