[nycphp-talk] [ot] Red Hat Fedora - should i upgrade?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Mar 17 09:29:17 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:41:45PM -0500, jon baer wrote:
> i stopped by b&n today and saw a whole isle almost dedicated to fedora ...
>
> i have redhat 9 running + updated is there any need to upgrade to fedora?
> kde updated? i know that rh stopped supporting stuff ...
> http://fedora.redhat.com doesnt really tell much in detail ...

I and several freinds have upgraded to FC1 and we have no complaints.
On my Dell 5000e laptop, everything got configured properly and I
upgraded to the latest releases easily with YUM.

I can't find anything wrong with it.  When I get some time, I'll
probably upgrade all of my home machnes to FC1.  I'll probably buy RH
Enterprise WS and/or Server just to see what they're about.

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com