[nycphp-talk] Best OO PHP book

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Mar 23 15:16:08 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Greg Faber wrote:

> What would you guys suggest is the best OO PHP book?
> The books I've read on PHP so far only touch on the subject of OO
> programming, I want something that goes way in depth.
> Give me your thoughts please.

That book does not exist largely because you can't really do OO in PHP
4. Now that PHP 5 is coming near, I would guess that your book will
come out sometime in 2005.

However, while I've only skimmed it myself, I've heard excellent
things about George Schlossnagle's "Advanced PHP Programming"
(http://www.schlossnagle.org/~george/blog/)

It has a chapter or two OO and patterns, so that's my "PHP Book of the
Month" for March 2004. Stay tuned for April's selection.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!