[nycphp-talk] Secure (XML-RPC) connection

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Mar 24 10:50:53 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:07:43AM -0500, Matthew Terenzio wrote:
> I curious to see what others say, because I've never done this,
> exactly.  It sounds like a typical web service,

It is a "typical web service".

> but I'm not sure why it is needed to be done this way.

Because when it comes to my client's data, I'm an extremely paranoid
SOB. :-)

> With proper precaution, can't the web server just interact directly
> with the database through an SSL?

Fine.  But how do I stop Cracker Joe from emulating the web server and
breaking into the database?

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com