[nycphp-talk] Secure (XML-RPC) connection

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 16:46:17 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:51:22PM -0500, Faber Fedor wrote:

> Nothing is open from the outside.  All traffice is initiated from the
> inside. Like this::
>
> Internal network -------firewall------ Big Bad Internet
>                      |            |
> Production Server----|            |------web server

Well, if the production server is never supposed to see traffic from the
outside world but needs contacting from inside the company, have a
completely separate network.  But this isn't what you're asking about.

None the less, it can be part of your solution.  Are the web server and
production server on the same premesis?  If so, you can create a real
private network between them.  Of course, this doesn't let one completely
off the hook, since the web server can be compromised and then make
attempts to subvert the production server.  But it's better than nothing
if connectivity is needed between the web and production servers.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/