[nycphp-talk] Secure (XML-RPC) connection

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Mar 24 17:47:15 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 05:14:04PM -0500, Matthew Terenzio wrote:
> >Fine.  But how do I stop Cracker Joe from emulating the web server and
> >breaking into the database?
>
> limit access to the database from  the web server IP address for one

But how?  Once the packet have gone through the firewall, the IP Address
has been changed.  Any packets hitting Prodn:80 are going to be seen
coming from 192.168.1.1 whether the original packet is coming from
the Web Server or from Cracker Joe.

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com