[nycphp-talk] Worst freelance offer of all time!

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Wed May 5 12:53:02 EDT 2004

Usually the "lower-bidders" i.e. $1 for a portal site + graphics.
are just trying to get into talks with the buyer, they then try to bring
them up to more realistic terms.

But, I have seen russian programmers do a ton of work for very little,
however the quality is usually kind of low as they will take on a
multitude of jobs.

Job bidding is a strange deal.
Poke around on http://listbid.com/ which is my board. and you will see.
I make a good bit each month just in referrals from this site.
-joeldg

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:16, Mark Armendariz wrote:
> $20 for even just an upload and configuration is absurd.   Even so, 15 days
> max says that s/he's looking for some customization.  I don't even know of
> overseas groups that would do 15 days of work for $20.  Besides that, bid
> for work sites have the silliest pricing I've ever scene (nothing against
> you or your site personally, joel).
>
> Mark

joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net