[nycphp-talk] Worst freelance offer of all time!

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed May 5 12:07:45 EDT 2004

According to CNN/Money, the Great City of New York is not only America's
most expensive city, it's #11 in the world.

And if you think New York is something, it's like INDIA.. compared to
Oslo, Norway!!!!

Give you an idea:

McDonald's Happy Meal:

DC: $5
NYC: $6
Oslo: $12.50

Phil

Joel De Gan wrote:

>$30!!.. haha, I wish.. Not sure where you are getting your numbers for
>NY rentals.
>try about $61 on a 30 day month for this loft in Chelsea. I chose to
>live in Manhattan though, if I lived in Brooklyn I could get something
>similar for much much less.. NY is one of the most expensive places to
>live. I think San Francisco 'might' actually be more but they have a lot
>of vacancies there and the market got bombed after 2000.
>-joeldg
>
>On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:33, Edward Potter wrote:
>

>>Well, while staying in India, my daily rent for a GREAT apartment was
>>about .50 cents a day (Rishikesh). Assume living in NYC your rent is
>>$30 per day. So it's about 1/60 the cost. Thats why the odds are this
>>vendor may actually get someone for $20 for this project. And why I'd
>>HIGHLY recommend to any up and coming USA based programmer  to learn
>>welding. plumbing, or carpentry as a sideline, or at least Java2ME.
>>:-)
>>
>>-ed

Phil Powell
Multimedia Programmer