[nycphp-talk] Caching images problem

Carlos G. Chiossone carlos at sprout.net
Wed May 5 14:00:00 EDT 2004

Hi all, this is kind of strange it seems to do with timing but...

I am using our CMS which will regenerate images as needed... So I
publish, all images get regenerated with new ones, but my browsers keep
seeing the old images for a few minutes.

- we know that the images changed in the directories, we can see that
- we have cleared the browsers cache
- further we go with a computer that has never seen the page and still
sees old images

Environment: PHP 4... On IIS, using Smarty templates. And don't ask why
IIS, please!!!

We also have a script that runs within the publish that access the Linux
server to create the images with fonts. We thought it could have been
that but we see the images in the directories right away, no delay.

WHO THE HELL IS CACHING my images? This is driving me nuts.

Any one had a similar issue?

Thanks,
Carlos