[nycphp-talk] reporting hosting fraud (off-topic)

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Tue May 11 23:20:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,

This is a bit of an off-topic question, but I did not know where else to
ask.

To make a long story short, it seems that an individual or group of
individuals is responsible for setting up a series of hosting companies
under fake names and then prompting over charging customers before going
under.

I have been in contact with at least one defrauded customer who has lost
data and money, and heard from many more at webhostingtalk.com.

I have written about the matter on my weblog:

http://www.moztips.com/index.php?id=229

To which authority (FBI, BBB) should I report this case of suspected
fraud? Should I also report it also to the press?

Thanks in advance.

- Jay