[nycphp-talk] Mac OS X local laptop setup

charlie derr cderr at simons-rock.edu
Thu May 13 15:22:15 EDT 2004

Chris Snyder wrote:

> You know that PHP is installed and ready to go by default on OSX, right?
> Turn on the webserver in the sharing control panel and you're set.

Groovadelic.  I'm not much of a mac person, but I never knew that -- I
was all set to say what Mitch said (fink) when I read your response and
tried it.

To be completely pedantic, it wasn't "quite" ready to go.  On my panther
(osX 10.3) machine, I had to go into /etc/httpd.conf and uncomment these
two lines:

#LoadModule php4_module        libexec/httpd/libphp4.so
#AddModule mod_php4.c

After restarting the Personal Web Sharing service, it is indeed all set.

	thanks for this,
		~c