[ot] RE: [nycphp-talk] Mac OS X local laptop setup

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Thu May 13 16:51:28 EDT 2004

Aaron Fischer wrote:

> Wellll, apparently not a very good one, because I just selected the
> "Macintosh HD" and searched for "httpd.conf" and got nothing back!

Welcome to command line unix. :-)

Aotearoa:~ csnyder$ which find
/usr/bin/find

You didn't turn up httpd.conf because the FreeBSD filesystem is loosely
off-limits to Finder, one of the few barriers remaining to the
unix-ification of the Mac desktop.

BTW, I hear that the NYCBUG list is a good place to discuss the
ins-and-outs of OSX as a server. There are also some excellent O'Reilly
texts on the subject.